It has scarily-quickly become that time of year: festive season.
I know this because there is an oversized red bow on the Forrest Chase walkway, I'm trawling through emails about fundraising prawns and flights over east have become doubly expensive. But not to worry, I quite enjoy everyone having time off and the smug feeling of early morning beach trips before the masses have finished their breakfast fruitcake and the pleasure of giving gifts that I know will be well received (no useless crap here thanks maties, at the harbour it's love or nothing).
And so with that in mind I offer some suggestions - and remember to shop local!
For your BFF:
1. Pop down to your local vintage emporium and pick out a unique piece of jewellery. In a world of mass production this kind of treasure improves with age.
For Perthies I recommend Bluebird Vintage in Wembly
2. Tim Walker's new book Storyteller is inspirational. Heavy, glossy reference books are things of beauty & everyone should have a library.
3. Bangin' eyewear (the non-sensible kind you never buy for yourself). Love these Karen Walker limited edition laser cut numbers.
4. Gorgeous, comfortable, handmade knickers from Hopeless Lingerie. Australian Christmas orders need to be in by December 10!
5. Summer scent - yes, perfume is personal, but it's also fun to try something beyond your comfort zone. Same applies to makeup, get that bright eyeshadow quad or ridiculous purple lipstick that you know would be vetoed in favour of new concealer or peach coloured blush if she was buying for herself.